|Living cost||S$ 785 per month|
|Student population||Medium (1,001 to 10,000)|
About Hong Kong Design Institute (HKDI)
The campus is fully equipped with essential state-of-the-art facilities to prepare students for a well-rounded campus life. Each campus was purpose-built with specialized facilities for students of different disciplines to gain know-how and practical skills in their chosen areas. Facilities include:
- DESIGN BOULEVARD: Design Boulevard offers access to the auditorium, exhibition spaces and common facilities. Designed as a “breathing space” for the campus, it evokes a feeling of pantry culture, with space for student activities and the interaction of creative minds.
- VTC AUDITORIUM: The VTC Auditorium accommodates over 700 people, with specially designed acoustics to enhance performances, conferences and other gatherings. Available for hire, this venue is a focal point of the HKDI’s interaction with the community.
- EXHIBITION SPACE: The HKDI Gallery and d-mart provide a combined exhibition space for over 1,600 square metres. Open to the public and intended to showcase the breadth of design generated in or related to the HKDI, the two spaces host exhibitions, trade and industry related events, and display of student works.
- LEARNING RESOURCES CENTRE: Far more than just a library, the Learning Resources Centre is a place for reflection and interaction, where students are encouraged to openly discuss what they learn.
- WORKSHOPS: There are over 100 workshops providing teaching support to areas of Apparel, Audio and Visual, Graphics, Model, Multimedia and Technology, Jewellery and Watches.
- RECREATIONAL FACILITIES: Lifestyle is a source of creativity. Surrounded by recreational facilities that make the students relax, that is why they are full of inspired ideas.
There are two student dormitories and both offer shared accommodation. The Pok Fu Lam dormitory has 132 bed spaces and is situated on the south side of Hong Kong Island. The Tsing Yi dormitory has 880 bed spaces. The accommodation fee for 2020/21 academic year is HKD2,000 per month and residence period is from September to May of next year.
Why Choose HKDI?
Unique Learning Experience
HKDI emphasizes the “Think and Do” approach in order to nurture the next generation of thinking designers. We also foster interaction and encourage openness so as to make learning fun.
Our graduates are highly valued by businesses and industries for their creativity, professional knowledge, practical skills and workplace competency.
HKDI collaborates with education institutes and industry partners worldwide giving students the opportunity to directly learn from renowned experts in design industries all over the world and participate in overseas exchange programmes.
Fast Track Dual Qualifications
High school graduates can obtain dual qualifications at bachelor’s degree. Its 2+1 fast track allow students to complete Higher Diploma and bachelor’s degree qualifications in 3 years with an option to finish the final year of top-up degree programme in Hong Kong or partner universities in the UK.
Courses available 12Architecture, Building 2 Computer Science, IT 1 Creative Arts & Design 11
Be the first one!